The Health Partnership is seeking a Peer Recovery Specialist to provide individual and group peer recovery support, guidance and coaching. The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Culture Champion – Commitment to the Partnership’s mission and working with diverse partners.
- Results Producer – A results-focused orientation with a proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Agility – Ability to think strategically, foresee opportunities and challenges and adapt as needed.
- Strong Communicator – Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organization – Exceptional capacity to manage details, monitor progress and adjust accordingly.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard, tackling challenges and is not afraid to take ownership of a situation
Supervision Received: The Peer Recovery Specialist is based out of the Steamboat or Moffat office and supervised by the Recovery Team Supervisor.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide individualized and group peer recovery support, guidance, and coaching
- Operates in Both Routt and Moffat Counties as needed
- Meeting 1:1 with clients to provide support and resources
- Aid with community connection and resources (maintain active up-to-date resource list)
- Assist client with rebuilding and addressing social support networks
- Model and teach self-advocacy skills
- Provide support and empathy for people seeking services
- Help clients with job skill development and employment
- Help build motivation for change in clients
- Works in collaboration with team members and external partners, communicates effectively with team and external providers
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality and informed consent in Recovery Data Platform (RDP)
- Demonstrates cultural competency and client centered philosophy toward clients
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission and values of Partnership
- Schedule and attend CLEAN and SOBER events (Moffat and Routt)
- Attend or teach one Phoenix class weekly (Moffat and Routt)
General Requirements & Qualifications:
The Health Partnership is seeking candidates who meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual and Bi-cultural preferred
- At least 1 year of lived experience with mental health, substance use, and trauma recovery
- At least 6 months working within Recovery Peer Support Role
- Ability to travel to clients in Routt and Moffat Counties
- Knowledge of Local and state recovery resources including treatment centers, 12 step groups, support groups, therapists, and MAT providers
- Completion of peer support specialist training and working toward Colorado certification
- Knowledge and experience working with SUD population
- Knowledge and experience in delivery of evidenced based practice, including trauma informed care, to SUD and co-occurring diagnosis populations.
- Strong clerical/administrative skills including personal computer skills
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to Partnership policy and procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to make routine decisions and determine proper action based on experience and within the limits of policy and procedure
- Ability to work effectively with populations regardless of culture, age, economic, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status
- Possess strong collaboration skills
- Performs all other duties as assigned and requested
- Engage in cross-organization efforts, connecting project work to the broader Partnership.
- Share unique skills and expertise with NCCHP team.
- $19.00/hour, .6 FTE (24 hours per week) plus benefits;
- PTO, health & dental insurance
To help people live longer, healthier lives.
The Health Partnership is known and respected throughout Northwest Colorado for compassionately connecting people to health and well-being resources, through collaboration with community partners.