The Health Coverage Guide is a dual role that will primarily carry out community and partner outreach and engagement efforts to support our mission and strategic goals as well as deliver local, in-person education to help individuals apply for health insurance coverage. The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Culture Champion – Commitment to the Partnership’s mission and working with diverse partners.
- Results Producer – A results-focused orientation with a proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Agility – Ability to think strategically, foresee opportunities and challenges and adapt as needed.
- Strong Communicator – Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organization – Exceptional capacity to manage details, monitor progress and adjust accordingly.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard, tackling challenges and is not afraid to take ownership of a situation
Supervision Received: The Health Coverage Guide is based out of the Steamboat office and supervised by the Program Manager.
General Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School Degree minimum; Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including community members, professional partners, funders and government agencies;
- Bilingual highly preferred (English/Spanish);
- Kind, warm and friendly;
- Punctual, professional and responsible;
- Self-motivated, reliable and self-directed;
- Experience developing and providing strategic communications including creating written, oral, and digital content;
- High levels of organizational skills with a focus on detail and follow through;
- Skills in identifying and using communication tools to enhance collaborative work;
- Passion for social justice and equity to treat all with equal respect and dignity;
- Competent with Microsoft Office and Google Drive;
- Familiarity with social media and digital marketing, and platforms such as Wordpress and Mailchimp;
- Possess a Colorado driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel; and
- Must be able to lift office equipment up to 20-pounds and climb stairs at site/client meetings.
- Identify best practices and locally-tailored solutions to provide program specific outreach and engagement materials and events to support the Partnership’s primary grants;
- Complete necessary and continued training to be proficient in communicating Partnership programs, such as health insurance enrollment, food assistance programs, stigma reduction and care coordination efforts.
- Document all outreach efforts and activities using appropriate methods;
- Coordinate with Partnership staff to utilize social media and digital marketing to increase outreach;
- Coordinate outreach events in Moffat county and/or the northwest region to meet the needs of targeted audiences and partners, with specific focus on the health insurance Open Enrollment Period (November-January);
- Participate in community, county and regional events where outreach opportunities exist to promote services and programs provided by the Partnership;
- Support the Partnership’s efforts to build and maintain relationships with partners, which includes attending regular meetings and serving as an ambassador/liaison between the Partnership and partners;
- When applicable, collaborate with Partnership community and/or regional partners to co-communicate outreach events and materials;
- Engage in cross-organization efforts, connecting project work to broader Partnership efforts;
- Pleasantly and professionally connect with community members and partners to engage in efforts to improve overall health;
- Share unique skills and expertise with NCCHP team to improve outreach and marketing capacity.
- Knowledge of Government eligibility program requirements and health insurance and health service delivery is highly desirable;
- Experience working with low-income families, including Spanish-speaking immigrants;
- Knowledge about community resources (agencies, organizations, events, etc.) and community champions;
- Ability to recognize cultural, language, and learning differences;
- Experience providing objective application assistance; and
- Ability to explain and summarize detailed concepts.
- Complete necessary and on-going training to be proficient at communicating access to healthcare opportunities, engagement and outreach.
- Coordinate and provide appointments to assist individuals in the enrollment process at office and community locations during and outside of health insurance Open Enrollment (November 2019 -January 2021).
- Identify best practices and locally-tailored solutions to provide health insurance enrollment information and appointments to connect county residents with health-related services, especially those experience health inequities and disparities;
- Identify and engage local partners to communicate health insurance information.
- Identify and address barriers to health insurance enrollment to inform outreach and partner engagement strategies.
- Share unique skills and expertise with NCCHP team to improve access to care capacity.
- This is a flex position, .6FTE outside of open enrollment and 1.0FTE position during open enrollment period (October – December). $18.00/hour plus benefits;
- PTO, health & dental insurance
- Certification training provided
- Required to work possible nights and weekends during Health Insurance Open Enrollment.
To help people live longer, healthier lives.
The Health Partnership is known and respected throughout Northwest Colorado for compassionately connecting people to health and wellness resources, through collaboration with community partners.